martes, 29 de septiembre de 2009

Everyday

Everyday, like most people I know, I jump into my car and drive to work. However, unlike most people I know, my morning drive leaves me feeling incredibly fortunate, and with summer just around the corner even more so. A huge blue sky against the snowy mountains greet me as I zip down the high way past row after row of hypnotizing vineyards. Silvery olive trees break my trance as they sway in the breeze. With my radio to keep me company I smile most Monday mornings. This morning I was feeling so lucky that I felt bad not sharing.


After my stretch of high way driving I turn down Urquiza street or what I like to call the ¨tree tunnel¨. It’s the part of my daily fairytale where I discover a magical new world full of vineyards and olive groves. The land where wineries and restaurants are around every bend, where I can smell olive oil wafting through the air, where the snow capped Andes leave me awe stricken with their beauty. This is my new world.

I arrive at the winery where I unpack all the fresh goodies I have brought, and Fernando and I create tasty dishes to share with people from all over the world. I break bread and drink wine with happy vacationers. I listen to their stories and they listen to mine.


Every time I take a sip at the winery I can see all the faces that made this fabulous drink come to life, something truly amazing I am able to share with the folks that come to visit us. I mean, how many bottles of wine have you drank and wondered how this amazing beverage got into your hands, or the opposite, how many times have you drank a bottle of wine without even taking note of more than red or white?

Tempus Alba is a smallish winery, producing about 200,000 liters per year, and is a family owned and operated affair, well excluding me and a few others, but we are such a tight team that in this case blood is almost as thick as water...well wine I guess. Cousins, fathers, mothers, sons and daughters for over three generations fill every bottle here at Tempus Alba, and every time somebody comes to visit us they get to be part of the family too, and that makes me feel like a lucky girl.

After all this gushing I have worked up a pretty good appetite so, I’m going to find myself a quite corner on the patio to reflect, enjoy this tasty pizza and a glass of Malbec Rose.

1 comentario:

  1. You are a very lucky girl!!! I was in Tempus Alba last week and the essence of the whole family was incredible.
    I am thinking moving my staff to Coquimbito, Mendoza.

    ResponderEliminar